Diversity and Inclusion
Resources on Campus
- Inclusive Earth: This club is designed to maximize the potential of students, scientists, engineers, and professionals in the Earth Science community. This includes semester-long professional development and workshops, inclusivity and implicit bias training, safety training, weekly study sessions, social hours, and outreach opportunities. Get involved today! Contact us at email@example.com!
- National Society of Black Engineers
- Organization of Women in Science
- Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers
- NASPA Undergraduate Fellows Program
- Refugees in Action
- Students for Action Focused Empowerment
- Society for the Advancement of Chicanos/Hispanics and Native Americans in Science (SACNAS)
- American Indian Science and Engineering Society (AISES)
Forms and Guidelines
To file a complaint regarding discrimination or sexual harassment, contact the Office of Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action (OEO/AA) at 801.581.8365. If you have witnessed or experienced a bias incident within the University of Utah community, you may use this form to report it anonymously or with your name.
If you have a suggestion for CMES involving inclusion and/or diversity in the college, please feel free to fill out this form- coming soon.
- Jim Steenburgh, Committe Co-Chair; Atmospheric Sciences
- Cari Johnson,Committe Co-Chair; Geology and Geophysics
- Brenda Bowen, Geology and Geophysics
- Kitzia Casasola, Mining Engineering
- Marjorie Chan, Geology and Geophysics
- Rajive Ganguli, Mining Engineering
- Holly Godsey, Geology and Geophysics
- Sivaraman Guruswamy, Materials Science and Engineering
- Monique Holt, Geology and Geophysics
- Peter Lippert, Geology and Geophysics
- Swomitra Mohanty, Materials Science and Engineering
- Holly Moreno, Atmospheric Sciences
- Terrie Parker, Dean's Office
- Thomas Reichler, Atmospheric Sciences
- Elizabeth Rogers, Center for Teaching and Learning Excellence
- Gannet Hallar, Atmospheric Sciences
- Mary Anne Berzins, Dean's Office
- Darryl Butt (ad-hoc), Dean
If you would like to participate in the work of this committee or if you have a question or concern you'd like to bring up with the committee, please don't hesitate to contact a committee member listed above.
Committee for the Advancement of Inclusion and Diversity
The Committee for the Advancement of Inclusion and Diversity is charged with facilitating and advancing a culture of inclusion, diversity, equity, and accessibility across the College of Mines and Earth Sciences (CMES). We provide actionable recommendations to all College programs and evaluate and assess progress towards an academic culture that is barrier free, promotes a sense of belonging, and deliberately advances the success of people traditionally marginalized in STEM.
- STRIDE Workshop: September 23, 2020
- Learn more about STRIDE