Outreach and Diversity
- UofU CMES Campus Experience: This program is for field trips or individual students to come visit our campus, buildings, and laboratories to learn about the College of Mines and Earth Sciences and gain experience using some of our cutting edge equipment.
To schedule a UofU CMES campus experience:
- Classroom Experience: This program introduces students to new and exciting scientific research occurring
in various aspects of the College of Mines and Earth Sciences. This program can be
tailored to support your curriculum and can be adjusted for junior high through high
school students. The options for this program include (but are not limited to):
- Class Discussion - Discussion about degrees within the College of Mines and Earth Sciences and about the benefits of pursuing a career in the related fields.Classroom Experiments
- Our Outreach team will bring experiments to your classroom and complete them with the students
To schedule a classroom experience please contact:
College of Mines and Earth Sciences Outreach and Diversity Programs Mission, Vision, and Objectives
Mission – To create an environment that encourages diversity within the College of Mines and Earth Sciences and to educate students and the community with the knowledge of discovering, managing, and transforming the world’s resources while maintaining the world’s atmosphere to create a sustainable planet.
Vision – We intend to provide future students, current students, teachers, and the community with knowledge about the disciplines within the College of Mines and Earth Sciences to create, support, and encourage future scientists.
1. Captivate a diverse audience of K-12 students using outreach programs that stimulate interest and introduce possibilities to disciplines within the College of Mines and Earth Sciences.
2. Better prepare under-represented student populations and their families for college success.
3. Empower current College of Mines and Earth Science by providing academic programs and resources
4. Create an inclusive atmosphere for all future atmospheric scientists, geologic scientists and engineering, metallurgical engineers, and mining engineers.
Outreach and diversity programs are made possible by financial support from: