Skip to content

Ways to give



 give online now


Send to:
College of Mines and Earth Sciences
Frederick Albert Sutton Building
115 S 1460 E, Room 205
Salt Lake City, UT 84112-0102


Annual Giving is the bricks and mortar of philanthropy at the College of Mines and Earth Sciences. Annual and recurring gifts enable us to provide resources not covered by tuition or state funding. Private support is essential to the College’s ability to provide students with educational experiences, research, programs, and services that change lives and better the world.


Endowed gifts can be established with an investment of $25,000 or more, which can be funded all at once or over a period of five years. Endowed funds are invested by the University to generate annual income. A portion of the return on the fund is used to support an area of the donor’s choosing and the balance of the interest and appreciation is reinvested so that the principal is protected against inflation.


Various naming opportunities are available. Opportunities include spaces in the building, scholarships, fellowships, research funds, etc. Please contact the Development Director, TJ McMullin, at 801-581-4414 or for more information.


Many people like to support the causes that mean the most to them with a gift through their will or trust, or other types of planned arrangement. These gifts, known as planned gifts, are usually, though not always, fulfilled after death. There are many ways to make a planned gift.  Although most planned gifts are given through wills or living trusts, other options include life insurance, retirement assets, real estate, and securities.  A planned gift is a unique opportunity for you to create a lasting legacy for the University of Utah programs that matter most to you. These gifts also provide a way for you to pass on your values, achieve certain charitable and financial goals, and may yield certain federal tax advantages. Some planned gifts can even give you an income throughout your lifetime.  More information about planned giving can be found on their website at


Many companies provide their employees with matching gift programs to incentivize charitable contributions. Check with your employer to see if they have a matching gift program. This can often double, or even triple your gift.


Transfers of stock and other investments can often receive a charitable tax deduction. Please consult your tax adviser before transferring stock. If you are interested in a stock gift, please contact the Development Director, TJ McMullin, at 801-581-4414 or for more information.


University faculty and staff can give through payroll deduction. Contact the Development Director, TJ McMullin, at 801-581-4414 or  You can also give via payroll deduction by clicking here.

Last Updated: 7/12/21