College of Mines and
Earth Sciences Convocation
Date: Thursday, May 4, 2023
Time: 9:00 am
Location: Jon M. Huntsman Center
- The College of Mines and Earth Sciences' Convocation will be held in conjunction with the College of Science's Convocation.
- Graduates are asked to arrive at the Central Garage (Business Lot 11), Level 4 from 8:00 to 8:30 a.m to go through security screening. Doors to the Huntsman Center will open at 8:30 a.m.
- Ticket reservations for Convocation are not required. There is also no limit on the number of guests that each graduate can invite.
BAG POLICY & SECURITY
- Guests are required to go through a magnetron (metal detector) before the ceremony. Please line up in the Central Garage (Business Lot 11), Level 4, located northwest of the Huntsman Center. See this map for details.
- Guests are allowed to bring a small bag (no larger than 6.5" x 4.5"). Bags for medical supplies and diaper bags are permitted but are subject to search. Otherwise, guests are encouraged to bring their belongings in a clear bag.
- Alcohol, artificial noise makers, backpacks (clear bags are encouraged), confetti, drones, fireworks, outside food/drink, umbrellas and weapons are not allowed in the Jon M. Huntsman Center. A full list of prohibited items can be found here. Balloons and strollers are allowed.
- If guests need to store large items (such as wheelchairs, walkers, strollers, balloons,
etc.) outside of the arena bowl, they can be temporarily stored at two separate locations:
- Lounge located next to Door 2 near Portal 3
- Inside the ticket office next to Door 1 by Portal 24
Security will not be present in these storage areas. Guests are advised to secure their personal belongings.
- Regalia is still available to be purchased at the Campus Store Website below, however product availability is no longer guaranteed as it is past the preorder date.
- For further questions on ordering regalia, please use the following link to visit the Campus Store's FAQ webpage.
- There will be a reception after Convocation at 11:00 am in President's Circle where each student can mingle with their guests and fellow graduates, while enjoying refreshments. Please use the following link to RSVP for the reception.click here to rsvp for the convocation reception
- The CMES Hooding Ceremony schedule for Master's and PhD students has been announced! Please check the convocation schedule below to see what time and where your major's ceremony will be.
12:30pm in CSC 206 | Biological Sciences
1:00pm in CSC 330 | Atmopheric Sciences
1:30pm in CSC 206 | Chemistry
2:00pm in CSC 330 | Physics and Astronomy
2:30pm in CSC 206 | Metallurgical Engineering and Mining Engineering
3:00pm in CSC 330 | Mathematics
3:30pm in CSC 206 | Geology & Geophysics
Island Photography is our official commencement photographer for 2023. They will be providing professional photo coverage for every graduate as they are recognized during the ceremony. Proofs will be delivered via email within 48-72 hours after the ceremony.
It is imperative to register your contact information to receive your convocation color proofs. Graduates will be asked to register their information using a "selfie registration QR code " the day of the ceremony, or students can use the following link to register friends and family emails prior to convocation. There is absolutely no obligation to purchase.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Island Photo's customer service team:
Email Address: email@example.com
Phone Number: 800-869-0908