College of Mines and Earth Sciences Convocation
Friday, May 6, 2022 | 9:00 am
Union Ballroom - A. Ray Olpin Student Union
Instructions for Graduates
- If you plan to participate in our convocation, please meet in the Salt Air Room (west of the ballroom and down a small hallway) by 8:30 am on Friday, May 6th. The processional into the ballroom will begin promptly at 9:00 am in the order of degree and then department and then alphabetical.
- Enjoy the Dean’s Celebration Brunch at 11:00 am in the Sutton Building 2nd floor lobby following the convocation. Tickets will be available to pick up in the Dean’s Office beginning Monday, April 18th until Monday, May 2nd. They are free but there is a limit of 4 per graduate.
- A professional photographer will be at the ceremony to take photos of each graduate as they receive their diploma and a portrait photo right after they leave the stage. There is no obligation to purchase.
- A short bio of 50 words or less will be read by one of our official readers as the graduate walks across the stage. Please submit your bios to your department advisors by Monday, March 28th.
- Also, this year, we would like to place a photo of graduates on the table as part of the brunch decorations. If you would like to be a part of this project, please submit your photo along with your name, department, and degree at the link below by Monday, March 28th.
- The ceremony will be livestreamed for those who cannot attend. The link will be posted on this website convocation page as we get closer to the event.
- From May 4th to May 7th, all westbound lanes on 500 South will be closed. Please refer to the Supercross Information Powerpoint to see the new detour routes.
How to Get Your Pictures
- For the photos that were taken at the event by Island Photography, please fill out this form to register so that they can send you your proofs. (There is no obligation to purchase any of the pictures.)
How to View Recording
- To view the recording of Convocation on May 6, 2022, click on this link (when it will be available). If you want to download the recording, click the link on the right.