CMES Student Ambassadors
The College of Mines and Earth Sciences (CMES) Ambassadors are the Student Representatives of the University of Utah’s College of Mines and Earth Sciences. Our goal is to connect people with the College of Mines and Earth Sciences. We share our experiences as students with prospective students and their families, industry partners, alumni, and the community. We engage our current students through academic and social activities, collaborate with student organizations, and build citizenship within our College. We hope to inspire others to see the amazing opportunities in the College of Mines and Earth Sciences.
CMES Ambassadors should be well-rounded individuals with a love for the College of Mines and Earth Sciences and the University of Utah! We are looking for students who have strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Must be an enrolled, degree-seeking undergraduate in the College of Mines and Earth Sciences
- Must be in good academic standing with the University of Utah (3.00 GPA or higher)
- Must be registered for courses (full or part-time) in Fall and Spring semester
- CMES Student Ambassadors are paid $15/hour.
- Develop presentation, communication, and leadership skills.
- Obtain experience in public relations and interpersonal skills.
- Develop confidence vital to future success in job interviews and career advancement.
- Broaden networks among University of Utah and College of Mines and Earth Sciences alumni, faculty, staff, students, and industry partners.
- CMES Ambassador attire to be worn at events.
CMES Ambassador Duties:
- Representing the University of Utah and the College of Mines and Earth Sciences (CMES) at recruitment and campus events.
- Planning, promoting, and increasing involvement in student events and opportunities.
- Providing feedback on university, college, and department initiatives.
- Communicating with prospective students and families (in-person and through calling campaigns) relating to the University of Utah and the College of Mines and Earth Sciences academic programs, faculty, physical facilities, social opportunities, and student services.
- Attending required meetings.
- Supporting special alumni events and communications.
- Contacting and presenting at your high school, previous institution, or one that we select with you.
- Allowing prospective students to shadow you during your classes.
- Membership in the College’s Student Council.
- Using CMES social media by taking pictures, using Instagram and Facebook stories, and contributing to posts.
- Overall, demonstrating sincerity, enthusiasm, credibility, interested and helpfulness in all aspects of the CMES Ambassador position.