CMES Student Ambassadors
The College of Mines and Earth Sciences (CMES) Ambassadors are the Student Representatives of the University of Utah’s College of Mines and Earth Sciences. Our goal is to connect people with CMES and our programs. We share our experiences as students with prospective students and their families, industry partners, alumni, and the community. We engage our current students through academic and social activities, collaborate with student organizations, and build citizenship within CMES. We hope to inspire others to see the amazing opportunities in the College of Mines and Earth Sciences.
CMES Ambassadors should be well-rounded individuals with a love for the College of Mines and Earth Sciences and the University of Utah! We are looking for students who have strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Must be an enrolled, degree-seeking undergraduate in the College of Mines and Earth Sciences
- Must be in good academic standing with the University of Utah (3.00 GPA or higher)
- Must be registered for courses (full or part-time) in Fall and Spring semester
- CMES Student Ambassadors are paid $15/hour (10 hours per week maximum)
- Develop presentation, communication, and leadership skills
- Obtain experience in public relations and interpersonal skills
- Develop confidence vital to future success in job interviews and career advancement
- Broaden networks among University of Utah and College of Mines and Earth Sciences alumni, faculty, staff, students, and industry partners
- CMES Ambassador attire to be worn at events
CMES Ambassador Duties:
Represent the University of Utah and the College of Mines and Earth Sciences (CMES) at outreach, recruitment, and campus events
- Plan, promote, and increase involvement in student events and opportunities
- Provide feedback on university, college, and department initiatives
- Communicate with prospective students and families (in-person and virtually) relating to the University of Utah and the College of Mines and Earth Sciences academic programs, faculty, physical facilities, social opportunities, and student services.
- Attend required meetings
- Support special alumni events and communications
- Present to K-12 students (on and off campus), Salt Lake Community College, and other learning institutions
- Allow prospective students to shadow you during your classes
- Membership in the College’s Student Council
- Contribute to CMES social media by taking pictures and videos at various events; work with current social media coordinator to post on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and TikTok
- Demonstrate sincerity, enthusiasm, credibility, interest and helpfulness in all aspects of the CMES Ambassador position